In 2017, the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH) reported that 19.7 million American adults struggle with a substance use disorder. In this survey, it was revealed that approximately 74 percent of adults abuse alcohol, with another 38 percent relying on illicit drugs to feed their addiction. Furthermore, many of these adults battled an addiction to multiple substances, as evidenced by this alarming statistic: 1 out of every 8 adults in the United States are suffering from alcohol and drug use disorders simultaneously.
For these people, seeking addiction treatment in Tampa is the ideal solution for overcoming this toxic condition. Addiction can slither into anyone’s life unannounced, wreaking havoc on personal relationships and testing family ties. It can prevent individuals from focusing on what matters most, like work and school, in favor of dangerous compulsions. In many cases, addiction is coupled with other disorders affecting the mind. These are known as co-occurring disorders, and approximately 8.5 million adults deal with them on a daily basis.
For those suffering from addiction, it can feel like nobody is in your corner, but this isn’t true. Help is available for those who seek it at Phoenix House Florida, a nationally recognized and accredited behavioral healthcare provider that has been serving individuals suffering from addiction for nearly 50 years. If you need addiction treatment in Tampa, look no further than Phoenix House Florida.
Treatments and Services
A critical step in overcoming addiction is having a clinician unearth the root of the problem, which is why every treatment program must kick off with a comprehensive assessment of the patient’s needs. From here, a program tailored to their needs can be pieced together. Phoenix House Florida offers a myriad of treatment options and services, including:
- Inpatient: Only a short drive from the Brandon Outpatient and the Derek Jeter Center in Tampa, Phoenix House Florida offers inpatient (residential) treatment programs in Ocala. For some patients, stepping away from the buzz of everyday life is the only way to make a full recovery. Inpatient treatments are typically more intensive than outpatient offerings, but they also allow the patient to take part in various activities including the use of a full-size outdoor pool, full-size indoor gymnasium/basketball court, fitness equipment, tennis courts, volleyball courts, fitness and walking trails, computer labs, a library, and a full-size baseball/softball diamond.
- Outpatient: The Brandon Outpatient and the Derek Jeter Center offers a broad range of outpatient services, including customized treatments and intensive outpatient (IOP) drug and alcohol rehabilitation for adults and teens.
- Immediate Assessments: Don’t wait for treatment! Phoenix House Florida can accommodate clinical evaluations and admit individuals into a treatment program in as little as 24 hours.
- Office-Based Drug Detoxification: In some cases, opioid dependence can be treated with the use of opioid antagonists and partial agonists. In a therapeutic setting, patients can experience the benefits of detoxification while receiving support for their withdrawal symptoms.
- Drug Testing: The first step to overcoming addiction is to ask for help, but once you’re on a treatment plan, you must remain steadfast in your commitment to sobriety. Drug testing is essential for ensuring that patients don’t fall victim to relapse.
- Life-Skills Training: Combating addiction requires sweeping lifestyle changes that help patients feel whole. Mastering an occupational skill, or even just taking part in life-skills training, can go a long way to help patients vanquish their addiction for good.
- Health Education: The better informed a patient is about their overall health, the more likely they are to work diligently to preserve their holistic wellbeing. Health education not only cultivates understanding, but it also safeguards the mind against future illness by reinforcing the dangers of addiction.
- Family Reintegration Assistance: Subscribing to the belief that addiction is a family disease, Phoenix House Florida encourages families to take part in counseling, educational workshops, seminars, and more. Fostering a strong support network is integral to successful addiction treatment in Tampa.
- Continuing Care Services: At Phoenix House Florida, recovery extends beyond the boundaries of our locations in Tampa and Ocala. We continue to monitor patient recovery to ensure that any signs of relapse are mitigated before they take root.
Are Your Ready to Begin Your Drug Addiction Recovery in Tampa?
The outpatient programs offered at the Brandon Outpatient and the Derek Jeter Center allow patients to mold their treatment schedule to their needs and receive professional care without missing work, school, or family commitments. The other benefit of receiving outpatient treatment is that it is far more cost-effective than most inpatient services. Despite this, success rates for Phoenix House Florida patients showcase the efficacy of both program types. On average, patients report that they experienced a 60 percent decrease in problem anxiety, an 88 percent decrease in problem depression, a 74 percent increase in self-esteem, and a 90 percent decrease in Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction, speak with a treatment specialist about drug addiction recovery in Tampa. To schedule a consultation with Phoenix House Florida, please contact us today.
Disclaimer: The contents of this website are for general educational purposes only. All content and media on the Phoenix House Florida website does not constitute professional medical advice nor is the information intended to replace the services provided by Phoenix House Florida or other qualified medical professionals. If you believe you are having a medical emergency, call 911 immediately.
The content, views, and opinions communicated on this website do not represent the views of Phoenix House Florida. Reliance on any information provided by this website is solely at your own risk. Although this website contains links to other medical websites, this is strictly for informational purposes. Phoenix House Florida is not responsible nor do they approve of the content featured on any third party linked websites referenced on this website.